LuxCSD - Legal Entity Identifier Service
LuxCSD as Local Operating Unit
LuxCSD has been issuing ISO 17442:2012 compliant LEIs with the prefix 2221 since September 2014 and is an accredited LOU for Luxembourg and 36 other jurisdictions.
LuxCSD has enhanced the LEI process for its customers through an on-line portal. You submit your requests including all required information to issue or renew your LEI via the dedicated LuxCSD LEI Portal online to LuxCSD.
For all inquiries pertaining to the LEI service, please contact us at email@example.com or call our help desk +352-243-35806 (English) or +352-243-35804 (French). Our multilingual LEI Service team will ensure your individual questions are answered.
Why choose LuxCSD as LEI issuer?
- Easy online process for LEI registration and LEI renewal via the LuxCSD LEI portal
- Customer oriented approach
- Dedicated and multi-lingual customer service
- Single point of contact for any LEI related query
- Assistance for all steps to ensure you – keep your LEI “ISSUED” (up-to-date status)
- Proactive monitoring of LEI validity and notifications for upcoming expiration date
- Guidance to avoid extra expense for costly duplicates and reduce mistakes made for corporate actions
- Focus on data quality
- LEI Issuance in multiple jurisdictions
- Get your LEI code first and pay only after
Process to obtain an LEI code
Prior to requesting an LEI code, please check with the regulatory business obligation for your particular circumstances. Ensure no LEI has been previously issued to your entity.
LEI Registration with LuxCSD is a straightforward process:
A) For pre-existing customers:
- Please log on to the LuxCSD LEI Portal using your dedicated email address and password.
- Fill in the required “Request LEI” details in the creation page and attach the Registrant Authorisation form.
- Submit the request and accept the LuxCSD Terms and Conditions.
- Complete the billing information after having submitted the request.
- LuxCSD LEI Service Team will validate your request and inform you about incorrect or missing details.
- After successful validation, you will receive an email notification providing the LEI code for your entity that is in full compliance with all applicable standards.
- A detailed description of the registration process can be found in the LEI Services Guide that is attached below.
- LuxCSD will provide the invoice to the contact provided in the billing information details. Payment is made by wire transfer and no checks are accepted.
B) For new customers:
- Please access the LuxCSD Online Portal, using the following link: LuxCSD Online Portal, log on to and start the process to register a new user by clicking of the “Register” link.
- Please provide the email address for the new account to be registered. Note: We highly recommend using a group email address.
- You will receive an email to provide your registration email followed by an email to reset your one-time password.
- A detailed description of the new user setup can be found in the User Account Activation and Management Guide attached below.
Once the process for registration of a new user is completed, please proceed with the steps outline in sequence A) For pre-existing customers above.
Renew or challenge an existing LEI code
The renewal process enables the registrant to modify the LEI record and to extend the validity “Next Renewal Date” of an existing LEI. In accordance with the LEI Regulatory Oversight Committee (ROC) and many regulations, every LEI should be renewed at least once a year. Renewal reminders will be sent by email to the registrant 60 days, 30 days and 15 days prior to the expiration date and the last reminder one day after the expiration date. A detailed description of the renewal process using the LuxCSD Online Portal can be found in the LEI Services Guide that is attached below.
The challenge process enables the registrant or third party to request a correction or modification of the LEI record, subject to validation. A challenge will not extend the validity of the LEI. Challenges are free of charge and can be used, for example in the case the legal entity changes their legal name or address as long as the change can be confirmed. Challenges can also be raised if there are any questions about the uniqueness of an LEI code or the accuracy of the reference data. Challenges of own or third party LEIs of LuxCSD LEI portal registrants can be done directly via the portal. For further details of the challenge process on the LuxCSD LEI platform please consult the LEI Services Guide that is attached below.
Another possibility to challenge LEI reference data managed by LuxCSD or another LEI issuer is offered by GLEIF’s centralised challenge facility. For more information visit the GLEIF website.
LuxCSD LEI prices
The LuxCSD LEI prices are attached below and are included in the terms and conditions.
Transfer LEI to LuxCSD
If you are interested in having your LEI data managed by LuxCSD and benefit from our support, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full support for LEI Registration Agent
Should you be interested to become a Registration Agent of LuxCSD, please send an email to email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions are attached below.