The Remuneration Committee is responsible for advising the Supervisory Board on the CSD’s remuneration policy.
- Dr. Stephan Leithner (Chairman)
- Prof. Dr. Christina Bannier (Vice Chairman)
- Norfried Stumpf
Tasks and responsibilities
- Supervises the reasonableness of the remuneration system of executive management members. In particular, it supervises the appropriateness of the compensation of the Head of the risk function and of the compliance function as well as employees having a substantial influence on the overall risk profile of the institution. It also supports the Supervisory Board in monitoring the reasonableness of the remuneration system of employees as well as the institution. At the same time, it assesses the impacts of the remuneration system on the risk, capital and liquidity management;
- Prepares the Supervisory Board resolutions regarding the determination of the aggregate remuneration of any member of the Executive Board, and by doing so, takes into account what effects the resolutions have on the risk and the risk management of the institution as well as the long-term interests of the shareholders, investors and other stakeholders;
- Designs and further develops the remuneration policy including the remuneration of the Executive Board;
- Supports the Supervisory Board in overseeing the internal control system and all other relevant areas in the structuring of the remuneration system;
- The Remuneration Committee shall cooperate with the Risk Committee. The Remuneration Committee shall use internal advice, for example from risk controlling, and external advice from individuals independent of the Executive Board. The Chair of the Remuneration Committee may obtain information from the Head of internal audit and the Head of the organisational units responsible for the development of the remuneration systems;
- Members of the Executive Board are not allowed to participate in meetings of the Remuneration Committee, the subject of which is their remuneration.